Young drivers Car Insurance
young drivers car insurance Car Insurance for young drivers car insurance

Car insurance quotes

Home insurance quotes

Pass Plus


Contact Us

car insurance Teenage Plus has teamed up with Car Insurance companies to help get young drivers, new drivers and young women special deals and extra discounts for their car insurance. + As well as insurance for young drivers, Teenage Plus can help find you discounts and special deals for travel and home insurance. TeenagePlus - finding car insurance for young drivers, teenagers and young women, an alternative place to organise cheaper insurance online. +
students car insurance

Penalties for vehicles without motor insurance

From early 2011 a new scheme is being introduced to make sure that all vehicles stay insured or a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) is made. The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) are working together to reduce the number of uninsured drivers.

The fight against uninsured vehicles

Latest public estimates are that around 1.5 million of all UK motorists drive uninsured. These drivers cost the UK about £500 million annually, which adds up to an average cost of an extra £30 per car insurance policy.

The police already seize about 500 uninsured vehicles every day. To help combat uninsured driving even further, when the new law is introduced it will result in:

clamping of uninsured vehicles that have not declared Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)
Records held by DVLA will be compared with those on the Motor Insurance Database (MID).

From early 2011, if it appears from the database comparison that a vehicle has no insurance or no SORN, a letter will be sent to the registered keeper.

If the keeper takes no action, the keeper faces:

a fixed penalty fine of £100
court prosecution and be fined up to £1,000
having the vehicle clamped, seized and destroyed
What to do as a vehicle keeper

If you are not insured and use your vehicle on the road you are already committing an offence – get insured immediately.

If you are keeping your vehicle off the road, make sure that you have submitted a SORN declaration to DVLA. If the vehicle is taxed you need to return the disc (including nil value discs) to DVLA using a V14 form. You can make a SORN declaration at the same time as returning the disc on the V14.

source: © Crown copyright (correct at 21/1/11)

TeenagePlus, the latest source for young drivers car insurance advice, online motor quotes and more, compare quotes and find the most competitive available motor insurance quote. From your student days right through to working your way up the career ladder you may have owned the same car, or owned a number of different cars. Our links can provide exceptional young drivers insurance for any type of car you own - or may own in the future. We can show you some of the best current car insurance deals to suit your personal needs. Give our quotes page a go and see how much you could save on your teenage car insurance.

[ home page ] [ car insurance ] [ home insurance ] [ pass plus ] [ information ] [ news ] [ sitemap ] [ contact/about ]

© Teenage Plus + Young Drivers Car Insurance

Valid CSS! Valid XHTML 1.1