Young drivers Car Insurance
young drivers car insurance Car Insurance for young drivers car insurance

Car insurance quotes

Home insurance quotes

Pass Plus


Contact Us

car insurance Teenage Plus has teamed up with Car Insurance companies to help get young drivers, new drivers and young women special deals and extra discounts for their car insurance. + As well as insurance for young drivers, Teenage Plus can help find you discounts and special deals for travel and home insurance. TeenagePlus - finding car insurance for young drivers, teenagers and young women, an alternative place to organise cheaper insurance online. +
students car insurance

Choosing a driving or riding instructor

If you are paying someone to teach you to drive, they must be approved and registered with the Driving Standards Agency (DSA). Only a registered approved driving instructor (ADI) can charge money for teaching you to drive. About your ADI

Nine out of ten learners who passed the practical test on their first attempt were taught by an Approved Driving Instructor

A fully qualified ADI must display a green certificate on the windscreen of the car while teaching you. Some trainee driving instructors are granted a licence so they can gain experience before their qualifying examination. In this case, the trainee driving instructor must display a pink certificate on the windscreen.

DSA is responsible for maintaining and checking the standards of all ADIs, who to qualify must:

be registered with the DSA
have passed a criminal record check
pass a much tougher theory and practical driving test
display an ADI identification certificate on the windscreen of the tuition vehicle
maintain a high standard of instruction - the standard is regularly checked by the DSA

How to find and choose your ADI

DSA do not recommend individual instructors, ask your friends and relatives to recommend someone they know. You could use the Directgov 'find your nearest driving instructor' service or look in a local business directory for ADIs in your area.

Try and choose an instructor who:

has a good reputation
is reliable and punctual
has a car that suits you

You should take advice from your ADI on:

all aspects of driving
what books to read
when to take your test
how to practice

Find your nearest driving instructor Find your nearest driving instructor Opens new window Choosing a certified motorcycle instructor All learner motorcycle and learner moped riders must complete a compulsory basic training (CBT) course before riding on the road.

Only instructors certified by the Driving Standards Agency can teach CBT at an approved training body (ATB). ATBs must have instructors who have successfully completed a two-day assessment and have sites approved by DSA for off-road training.

About compulsory basic training (CBT)

Find your nearest CBT trainer Find your nearest CBT trainer Opens new window Reporting illegal driving instruction

It is illegal for a person to provide driving instruction for a fee if they are not suitably qualified and registered with the DSA.

source: © Crown copyright (correct at 21/1/11)

TeenagePlus, the latest source for young drivers car insurance advice, online motor quotes and more, compare quotes and find the most competitive available motor insurance quote. From your student days right through to working your way up the career ladder you may have owned the same car, or owned a number of different cars. Our links can provide exceptional young drivers insurance for any type of car you own - or may own in the future. We can show you some of the best current car insurance deals to suit your personal needs. Give our quotes page a go and see how much you could save on your teenage car insurance.

[ home page ] [ car insurance ] [ home insurance ] [ pass plus ] [ information ] [ news ] [ sitemap ] [ contact/about ]

© Teenage Plus + Young Drivers Car Insurance

Valid CSS! Valid XHTML 1.1